Breaking the Grip of Methamphetamine Addiction: Find Hope and Recovery at Charles River Recovery
Methamphetamine is a highly addictive stimulant that promotes the release of huge amounts of dopamine in the brain, triggering feelings of euphoria. This sensation is one that many people crave, which is why methamphetamine becomes addictive so rapidly. Continued use desensitizes dopamine receptors in the brain, making it impossible to experience the same pleasure in any other way. Users resort to taking more methamphetamine to attain pleasure, setting in motion a vicious cycle that leads to severe drug usage and addiction.
Even consuming small amounts of methamphetamine can cause detrimental health effects. The licensed addiction treatment specialists at Charles River Recovery can help you break the cycle.
Signs of Methamphetamine Use (NIH)
- Increased blood pressure and body temperature
- Faster breathing
- Rapid or irregular heartbeat
- Loss of appetite, disturbed sleep patterns, or nausea
- Erratic, aggressive, irritable, or violent behavior
- Long-Term Effects of Methamphetamine Use (NIH)
- Permanent damage to the heart and brain
- High blood pressure leading to heart attacks, strokes, and death
- Liver, kidney, and lung damage
- Anxiety, confusion, and insomnia
- Paranoia, hallucinations, mood disturbances, delusions, or violent behavior (psychotic symptoms can sometimes last for months or years after meth use)
- Intense itching, causing skin sores from scratching
- Premature osteoporosis
- Severe dental problems
Methamphetamine Clinical Stabilization Services
Charles River Recovery’s CSS treatment options for individuals suffering from an addiction to methamphetamine offer 24-hour care under the supervision of medical and clinical professionals. Our state-of-the-art rehabilitation center boasts 110 recovery beds and is staffed by skilled addiction experts who are dedicated to assisting each patient in achieving life-long recovery.
Contact Charles River Recovery for Methamphetamine Abuse Treatment Today
If your addiction to methamphetamine is keeping you from living a fulfilled, functional life, Charles River Recovery can help. Our professional and dedicated staff will work with you on an individual level to ensure you are receiving treatment that is specific to your recovery goals, with your health and well-being being a top priority. Call 844-606-7652 or fill out a contact form today.